There are some things I don’t like thinking about, including why has it taken me five years to start watching prison break and why I never started wearing lash extensions sooner. I tried them out in March as a “will I like wearing these for my wedding?” and the answer was yes I will, and I don’t want to stop wearing them between now and then either.
I’d kind of semi-ruled out lash extensions being something I wanted or needed – I’ll self admit that I do have naturally amazing lashes, my lashes with mascara on are what other people want to achieve with false lashes. That’s not me being big headed – that’s knowing that my eyelashes are good, I don’t even have to pick up a pair of eyelash curlers more than about three times a year. There are very few things I would boast about myself, but my lashes are one of them. HA!
There are some horror stories I’ve heard from people when it comes to lash extensions, and I think it all comes down to picking someone who is good – as silly as that sounds! Ben’s sister said that she had them done and had to have them taken off within days as she could feel them really irritating her eyes. Now I’m a little biased – except for I’m totally not because my best friend does them for me, she has an at home salon and is also responsible for my inability to bend and paint my toes, I’d be recommending her regardless if I’d known her for 15 years or not. My pedicures last 4 months chip free (at which they need to come off because they’ve grown out too much!). If you’re in the South Lincs/Peterborough area here’s her facebook page, she’s based in Stamford and is the one you need for nails, waxing, massage and lashes.
Abi has said out of everyone she does my lashes take the the longest to do due to how full mine are – it takes around about an hour to be done. Since March I’ve had them done three times, al be there for my forth this week. My lashes last around 6 weeks total, at somewhere around the 4/5 mark I do have to start topping them up with mascara again to fill them out due to always losing more lashes on my right eye dye to sleeping on that side. I was really surprised to find on the first time I wore them that I literally couldn’t feel them at all, other than the fact that when I blinked I could feel them skimming my cheeks they were un-noticeable. I was expecting them to feel heavy like a false lash which I imagined was going to annoy me which is why I wanted to try them but they aren’t at all.
I’ve had people stop me in the street to ask me about my “mascara” and then had a million questions as to what they’re like to wear. My mum literally can’t get her head around what they are when I’ve explained it to her – she just asks if I’ve got those things on again, whenever she sees me and they’ve been infilled.
Pros of Lash Extensions:
- No flakey mascara, literally 24 hour flake and smudge free!
- You look shit hot, even without makeup
- Last 5+ weeks
- Quicker to do your makeup
- You can run out the house without doing anything and feel semi-made up
- You can choose a more natural look where they look very full, I have mine as long as possible.
- Glued to your individual lashes, No band so look natural
- Cry and rain proof
Cons of Lash Extensions:
- Pricey habit if you don’t have your BFF doing it for you, you’re looking at £40 for a full set + infills as and when you need them
- Eyeshadow can get caught in your lashes, especially when they’re at their biggest and flutteriest, meaning you have to attempt to clean them off a little otherwise your lush black lashes are dusted in colour.
- You’ve got to sit still for a long time (fine if you have good company and a heated couch to lay on!)
- If you sleep on one side of your face you’ll notice that one side will thin out more than the other
- No oily products around the eye
- You do have to take breaks from them every now and again to let your lashes recoup.
- Bottom lashes still need doing – I personally don’t really ever bother unless it’s a special occasion as they’re also quite long
- You have to be careful about rubbing your eyes too hard
I keep getting mascaras and more mascaras in beauty boxes and have a massive pot of them which I won’t even touch – I’m going to give some away to my sister I think to give her some blogging material when she gets her bum into gear and starts! I can’t see me stopping any time with these any time soon – unless my friend Abi instructs me to take a break to let them recover, I know she will as we get close to the wedding!