Thank you to Rachwat for the nomination for a Liebster Award! Rachael has a lovely beauty and fashion blog, if you don’t already follow her – do! It’s taken me a long while to get around to finishing this post – it requires a lot of admin! Coincidentally this is also my 100th post!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the blog that nominated you and link them.
2. Post eleven facts about yourself.
3. Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create an eleven question set for the next group of nominees.
4. Choose eleven people to nominate and link them on the post. They must have less than 200 followers.
5. Let your nominees know they’ve been tagged – and no tag backs!
So here’s 11 facts about me, I’ve done these before so I’ll try not to repeat:
1. I’ve just got a promotion at work as the Senior Marketing Designer, which is going to mean a lot of fun but a lot of hard work over the next year, I’ve got some big scary projects in the pipeline!
2. I love every TV show written by Shonda Rhymes, Scandal, Greys Anatomy , how to get away with murder, private practice. They’re all amazing
3. I hate coffee, I’ve tried all different types, and I just can’t. But I LOVE tea.
4. I’m allergic to normal milk, I have to have lacto free – but everything else cream, cheese etc – I’m totally fine with the normal versions!
5. I’ve been with my boyfriend since we were 16, which is 9 years in February, we’ve lived together for 3 years, and bought our first house this year.
6. I know full well I can’t sing, but I like to pretend that I can. I am prone to singing random lyrics and generally like channel my inner beyonce in those moments.
7. The sound of filing your nails makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.
8. My first job was working at a children’s indoor play area, at the end of the day we used to have to put all the balls back in the pits, and would bribe children to help by saying we knew Santa, and we could tell him how good they’d been. It worked!
9. I struggle to sit an just watch a film or tv programmes, I’ll either be tidying, cleaning, ironing, or more likely playing on the iPad
10. I’m really bad at waking up for work, but at the weekend I’ll be up before I needed to be for work with no alarm!
11. Right now I can’t stop drinking coke life.
So onto Rachael’s questions
What makes you smile?
Lots! The thing that makes me most happy when I get home from work is seeing how excited the dog is to see me, and how crazy he goes, makes my heart melt! Sad but true!
How is your favourite person to follow on instagram?
Any of my friends, following bloggers is great for seeing new things that are out etc but in terms of seeing things which genuinely make me smile – that generally comes from friends photos! Oh and any beagle related accounts, too cute.
What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Getting to where I am today in my career, I’m still quite young (going to keep telling myself that for as long as possible), have recently got a promotion and I am being trusted with leading the rebrand of a national multi million pound business.
How do you get in the zone to write?
I don’t know, I have Spurs of motivation, where I end up writing and scheduling 3 weeks worth of content at a time, I then think – I can forget about it and when I realise I haven’t got any posts left I have a panic attack and work out what the hell I can blog about. But I find doing posts little and often means that can get posts up more regularly, at the moment light is making it really difficult to photograph things – it’s still pretty dark in the mornings when I leave and is dark by the time I’ve got home!
What tops your bucket list?
Becoming a parent! Sounds a weird one, but the one thing I can always remember wanting to be from a child is being a mum. I remember telling my mum when she asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up that I wanted to be a mummy!
What do you collect?
Other than nail varnish, vintage teacups!
Pick a pokemon
What word makes you cringe?
I don’t think I have one of those words that really makes me tick!
What’s one skill or hobby you’ve always wanted to learn?
Guitar, I wanted to learn as a teenager, but was a real hobby hopper and my parents got fed up of buying a load of stuff, sending me to the next craze and then me giving it up a few short months later. It’s the one I’ve always been like I really wish I’d done that.
What qualities do you find most attractive in others?
What should be topping my Christmas list this year?
I couldn’t possibly tell you! I’ve not asked for anything! I like presents that make a memory, so tickets to concerts,
Going to do something like a spa, going for a weekend away are always good in my eyes!
1. What’s your favourite perfume?
2. What would be your dream career?
3. What’s your favourite Christmas food?
4. You can only shop in one shop for clothing for the rest of your life – where would you pick?
5. What was your favourite tv show as a child?
6. You can only take one thing from your house (excluding family and pets), what do you take?
7. What’s the one fashion trend or item that you can’t understand? (Eg mine would be ugg boots)
8. What’s your guilty pleasure?
9. You’ve won tickets to travel anywhere in the world tomorrow, where are you going to go?
10. What’s your favourite song?
11. What’s your favourite Disney movie?
I feel like I’m going to struggle to get to 11 nominations, this blog seems to “do the rounds”, as it’s been popping up a lot recently on my reader. So instead, I nominate you – yes you, to respond to one, a few or all of my questions in the comments!