I’ll self admit – I’m really bad at doing blogger awards – I love them, and in one way they’re easy, not photographs to take etc, but they seem to take so much time thinking of the answers – and they seem to come in spurts of nothing for months then 10 at once! I have a whole bunch of these that I have been kindly nominated for since May which I haven’t gotten around to doing yet, so here’s my first one, the Beauty Blogger Award.
I was kindly nominated by AJ from jerrrrwood (twice), so thank you for the 2 nominations! I also had another nomination from Nadine so thank you as well! I’ve merged the 3 lots of questions together, so apolgies, it’s long!
1. State the name of the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions you were given.
3. List ten random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
5. Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
1. Why did you start blogging?
Multiple Reasons, I had been reading blogs for 5 years and decided it was time to take part. I was fed up of wasting my money on products I couldn’t find reviews on that turned out to be terrible, so wanted to help other people discover that products weren’t great to save them money. I started just by reviewing my giant nail polish collection to make me start using my giant nail polish collection and stop buying more… that worked, for a while.
2. When did you start wearing makeup?
I’ve wore makeup since I was 12-13, I’ve loved makeup from 16-17.
3. What are your top 5 favourite makeup products?
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, Pixi All Over Glow in Bare Radiance, Makeup Revolution Iconic Palettes, Essence All About Matt Concealer, Maybelline Gel Eyeliner.
4. Drugstore or high end?
Hard question as I have budget products which I really love and some products I just can’t skimp on. Foundation and Mascara i can’t find affordable things that I love, and they are the two most important things in my routine – so I’d pick high end out of the two.
5. What would be your dream job?
Doing what I do now, I’m a marketing/web/email designer/developer – and I love it! I currently work in shopping tv, which is actually quite good as I cover such a broad spectrum of products it never gets boring. I guess if I was picking – I’d like to work solely in beauty and fashion to give the best of myself (and knowledge to), but I’m happy with the industry I work in now too – even though it can be stressful – TV = Tight deadlines, last minute changes if products aren’t selling, and as the designer I’m normally one of the last to know what needs to be changed or amended.
(Interestingly this was answered back in May – the same kind of question was asked from Nadine too, which I’ve only just typed up her answers, the answer has changed!)
6. If you had to live with only 1 makeup product, what would it be?
7. Lip gloss or Lipstick?
8. What’s your favourite hair product?
That was a toughie. Hair Styling Schwarzkopf Got To B Rise & Shine Hairspray it holds and adds Shine without being rock hard, my hair used to never hold a curl for a whole day(especially when done with straighteners) but now it will hold for two days!
Hair Care L’Oreal Mythic Oil – I’ve had this forever from one of my first glossyboxes probably 4 years ago, and it’s fabulous. Almost at it’s end 1 pump of this helps protect my hair from damage, I only tend to get my hair cut every 6 months and I think it’s down to this.
9. What’s your favourite perfume?
I love Tom Ford Black Orchid, but it’s a bit to pricey for everyday, my everyday favourites are Michael Kors Very Hollywood and Vivienne Westwood Naughty Alice!
10. Why do you love beauty/fashion so much?
It can completely change the way you feel. Yes we don’t need to wear make up, I’m an advocate for not feeling the pressure to wear makeup. But on a bad day nothing makes me feel better and more alive in the morning by putting on my makeup – and nothing makes me feel better at the end of the day than putting on my comfiest clothes.
11. What are your top 3 beauty products on the market right now?
Lottie Nail Polishes, Pixi Long lasting shadow sticks and OFRA Liquid Lipsticks
12. How did you come to be so interested in makeup/beauty/fashion?
I’d liked makeup before going to uni, but during Uni I searched DIY hair tutorials on youtube when I was going to a ball – this opened up the whole youtube beauty community (when it was small 6 years ago), and it opened up a world I watched and watched while I was bored in my halls as I had a lot of downtime, and boom – an obsession was born.
13. How long ago did you start your blog, and why?
Almost 2 years ago, the first 6 months was purely nail polish – then I moved house and didn’t really do much blogging for 6 months as that took over. It’s only really been since January this year that I’ve been blogging on a real schedule and putting lots of effort in.
14. What is your dream career?
I don’t know at the moment, 6 months ago I would have said doing what I do, a web designer/graphic designer – but the role seems to have lost it’s challenge and I haven’t learnt anything new in a few years. I’d say still within eCommerce, but maybe a different kind of role.
15. If you could meet 1 person from throughout history, who would it be?
My Dad’s Dad – I never got to meet him.
16. Tell us a fact we don’t know about you.
I have 2 huge scars on my left hip, having been born with my hip out the socket, they didn’t realise until I started to walk – so needed a metal plate to put it back into place. One wraps around my hip bone and is barely noticeable, the other goes half way down from the top of my thigh and is about a cm wide and 8inches long.
17. What product are you hooked on right now?
Pixi All Over Magic in Bare Radiance – my favourite Highlighter ever!
18 If you could travel to one place in your life where would it be?
Not sure if this means time travel or location – To when I was a child, no specific age – but I’d love to see my grandparents all again, sadly they’ve all passed away now and I miss them all terribly. I have so many happy memories of visiting them and staying with them so I’d soak it all up like a sponge if I could.
19. What’s your favourite TV show/series right now?
Modern Family – I’m in love with Phil Dunphy/I am the female Phil Dunphy according to my boyfriend
20. Would you rather have hands for feet or feet for hands?
Hands for Feet!
21. How many people have your told about your blog in real life?
I guess there’s around 15 people who know, mostly people I work with.
22. How many foundations do you own?
You’ll see in a foundation stash post next week – but around 10/12ish!
23. What’s your favourite eyeshadow colour?
I like golds as I have brown eyes and brown hair, I think it stands out more than brown neutrals (whilst I do still love them). Maui Wowie from Urban Decay is my favourite.
24. How much time do you spend doing your makeup on a daily basis?
25. What’s your favourite makeup brush?
These Lamora Eyebrushes are amazing – So soft, and SO affordable. The fluffy one on the far left is my favourite, and the angled eyeliner is a close second.
26. When you go to a drugstore, what brand do you look for first?
I don’t think there’s one each time as I’m normally heading for something specific – rarely do I go to browse (although that’s normally a bi-product of getting what I’ve gone for). I normally check out Essie in Boots and Make Up Revolution in Superdrug.
27. What was your first makeup item?
This gorgeous Rimmel Eyeshadow Duo is the first thing I remember having
28. Do you regularly or have ever self-tanned?
I have self tanned no more than 10 times in my life, if that. I tan quite easily, and I tend to hold my colour for a long time too (I still have tan lines from my turkey holiday… LAST october!) But might fake tan my legs if I’m feeling a bit ghostly for a night out.
29. How do you feel about overdrawn lips?
I have big lips so I would look rather fish like if I over drew, but I think if you can do it well then go for it!
30. Do you contour on a daily basis?
I go through phases some weeks yes, some weeks no, I’m not a Kim K contour do-er though, just a light touch to add a little definition – and it normally depends if I’m running late or not.
1. What’s your go-to nail polish colour?
2. How many lip products do you carry in your handbag/purse?
3. Everything from your collection disappears, what’s the first thing you need to repurchase?
4. Are there any types of post that you find difficult/worrying to publish?
5. Would you rather lose all your skincare or all your makeup permanently?
6. Heels or flats?
7. Are you a DIY hair colourer, at the Salon or have you never dyed it at all?
8. Do you have a favourite TV show to binge watch?
9. Do you tend to have lots of scheduled posts – or do you blog as you go?
10. And a classic, would you prefer to be chased by 1 horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?
Nominees (i’m only doing 4 as I have about 6 of these to do and I will run out of people to Nominate)