I’ve kindly been nominated by long term blog love Rachwat for the Creative Blogger Award, the only thing is I am 100% running out of facts about myself as these awards always call for, not even ‘interesting facts’ just facts in general, so sorry I’m a boring grandma and not very interesting! I was also nominated by Ashleigh for a Liebster award, and yes I don’t technically qualify any more, and I’ve said I wasn’t going to do a fourth, but her questions were pretty interesting, so I decided to merge them together!
Creative Blogger Award Rules
1. Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you
2. Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
3. Nominate 5 other blogs and their links
4. Notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
5. Pass these rules on to them
5 Facts about me:
1. I hate “going out”, by that I don’t mean out of the house – I mean clubbing. It’s never really been my scene as the music doesn’t match my eclectic mix of tastes apart from one club in Preston “The Warehouse” which is incredible, I miss uni only for that reason! Give me a pub or a winebar and it’s much better. In clubs strangers are annoying, I get really hot very fast, and waiting for ages for a drink annoys me greatly. This weekend I’m embracing an evening out on the tiles with 2 of my besties. God knows how it’s going to go, I’m predicting I’ll be asking to go home by 11!
2. I love reading, but never make time for it. On holiday whilst it’s boring I always take my kindle everywhere with me, whether that’s a city or beach break. Every minute we spend chilling in a cafe I crack out my kindle and read, but at home I just struggle to make the time, by the time I crawl in to bed my concentration has usually gone. The best way for me to read is a book series, so I get so engrossed in the characters that I can’t put it down, whilst not the best writing, I whizzed through all the fifty shades books in a matter of 2 or so weeks. The Hunger Games has been my all time favourite series to read, if we ignore Harry Potter, because clearly nothing will ever beat that!
3. We named our dog after TV serial killer Dexter, we made a rod for our own backs as he is a devil child.
4. My goal is to invest in property, I can imagine nothing more fun than buying houses to re-do, decorate and sell on. I’ve instructed my boyfriend this morning to start making enough money so I can start doing this!
5. I had such a shit university experience, I wrote a whole post on this last year, where people were posting about how incredible going to university was going to be, and wanted to offer a truly realistic view of my university experience, as not everyone has the best time ever! The link to that is here : (The Terrible University Experience).
My Nominees for The Creative Blogger Award
Ashleigh The Beauty Addict (Nominating you back for the Creative Blogger!)
What is the one makeup product you always ‘need’ to buy, yet you have a thousand different ones in the drawer?
Pretty obvious for me, nail polish (although not quite at a thousand yet 😉 )
Are you allergic to anything?
Not properly, Lavander makes me sneeze profusely – and peanuts give me a rash on my arms – but nothing more serious than that!
If I was to quickly look at your profile pic, what would be the one thing I would never ever guess about you?
Probably what I do for a living, people always are surprised when I meet them and tell them I’m a web designer – I guess it’s because I’m not a particularly girly job, and I love all things hair, nails, makeup etc so the two don’t necessarily match up!
Name the first lipstick shade name that comes to mind!
Vera by Nars (Featured on my lip addict tag!)
Okay now join that name with the name of the first street you lived on, that’s your Superhero name! What power do you have and why?
Vera Meridian – I can stop time!
What is the one thing you cannot stand to be around? (a certain smell/place/animal/insect?)
What beauty product did you cave and buy that totally didn’t work out for you?
I wouldn’t say it didn’t work out, but I tried the Glam Glow Youthmud Face Mask, which is raved about everywhere – it’s £25 for a tiny pot, and it was okay, but not worth the money.
Is there a certain product/brand/place you rave about to everyone? It could even be a game or a book!
Probably most recently Makeup Revolution!
Would you rather throw out your eyeshadow’s, pigments and palettes or your foundations, mascara’s and lipsticks?
Oh my god! That’s a horrible situation! I’d have to go with eyeshadows, pigments and palettes – I love my eyeshadow palettes, but think they would be more affordable to replace than lipsticks (also I have a load of Limited Edition Lipsticks), my one Holy Grail Mascara, and Foundations I’m debating on throwing a lot out as my skin has changed recently and not many of them are ‘working’ for me at the moment!
Is there a word/brand you were told you have been saying wrong the entire time? (I thought Morphe was pronounced Morphe not Morph-ee)
Not that I can think of, I say the word ‘shower’ – ‘sh-arr’, I don’t know why, but it’s just stuck.
Name one person on Instagram or Youtube that you are addicted to.
Fleur De Force! (As always!)